Atotech is one of the world’s leading suppliers of specialty chemicals, equipment, service and solutions for printed circuit board manufacturing and advanced packaging (Electronics), as well as decorative and functional surface finishing (General Metal Finishing). In addition to its core business units, other business units such as Semiconductor Technology and Electronics Materials play an increasingly important role in the future growth of Atotech and that of its customers. With locations in more than 40 countries in all important industrial regions of the world, Atotech is a truly international company providing best local service worldwide.
Atotech provides its customers with innovative technologies, resulting from intense research and development efforts. To consistently stay one step ahead, Atotech considers R&D an essential tool in all of its strategic business activities and decisions. Being at the forefront of the next generation of technology is an extensive and cost-intensive exercise, but one supported by the company’s expenditures for scientific-support studies of the product and process-related development, continuous upgrade of its R&D facilities, and collaborations within the industries we serve to find future manufacturing solutions.
Alongside leading manufacturers and OEMs, Atotech operates a global R&D network, which co-develops new production ideas in order to drive innovation. Atotech’s global R&D teams investigate new paths and set benchmarks toward the development of sustainable plating processes. Their skills are not only reflected in the quality of our products, but can also be seen in the steadily increasing number of Atotech patents. Atotech maintains close partnerships with customers and OEMs, institutes, universities and other companies to strengthen R&D activities and expedite the development of future technologies.
Located on the Case Western Reserve University Campus we have an opening for a Research Scientist. The duties of this positon primarily involve research, development, investigation, trial and scientific reporting relating to synthesis of experimental new organic molecules for use as plating additives. This position will contribute to the designing of these additives, and conduct characterization on their structure and chemical properties.
Most of the research will be spent in laboratory settings conduction experiments and trials on new/developing technologies using laboratory techniques, computer analysis and advanced instrumentation.
- Devising and conducting experiments and processing/analyzing the results/data.
- Ability to use theoretical models to analyze and predict the applications performance for a variety of processes.
- Continuously investigate better methods, stronger/improved materials and state of the art processes.
- Communicating the scientific results to the project team and/or management.
- Collaborating to apply the results of research and develop new techniques, products and/or practices.
- Seek out additional areas where this research would be pertinent and beneficial to other research groups within the company.
- Presenting ongoing work and findings to executive management, customers or at academic conferences which summarize the nature of their research, their methodology and their findings.
- Ability to engage in, manage and plan a wide range of research tasks.
- Teaching, demonstrating or supervising other members of staff or at customer sites.
- Punctual delivery of goods, task, projects, information and documentation.
- Collaborate and work in close operation with research teams domestically and globally as required depending on the specific field and project.
- Flexibility in responding to new research opportunities as they arise.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Macromolecular Science or other related field required. PhD in an advanced technical science or a related field preferred.
- 4 years’ experience in organic synthesis, polymer experience or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with characterization techniques including NMR, GPC, HPLC and MALDI-TOF required.
- Experience with radical or ionic polymerization, or silane chemistry would be a plus.
- Project management skills required.
- Ability to guide, develop research and test new methods/products with many potential applications required.
- Understand research methods/procedures; scientific literature and the techniques required for executing and publishing scientific data required.
- Ability to travel as required (up to 10% international &/or domestic) for business purposes.
- Ability to read, write and speak English required.
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse team required.
Competitive compensation and benefits provided.
Individuals who possess the Education and Experience for the position and wish to apply, should send resume including detailed experience summary and salary expectations to: Chemicalcareers@gmail.com
We are unable to respond to telephone inquiries. Only candidates who have the Minimum requirements will be considered.